During these troubled times it is important to remember that we WILL travel again. We will hug, shakes our neighbor’s hands, hop on an airplane and enjoy things in life we might have taken for granted. It is important to keep a positive mindset and surround yourselves with positive fun things; some sunshine in the darkness. Start dreaming, escape the situation today and enjoy our curated list of the best destinations and experiences across the globe to inspire your heart and soul. We are #InnItTogether #SaveBoutiqueHotels #SaveInns
North America Dream Destinations
*Photo by Katy Herrera of White Stone Marketing
Hawaii is simply spectacular and is a place everyone should visit at some point in their lives. With over 125 beaches, incredible food including tropical fruits and the rich culture, it is a wonderful place to escape the stresses of every day life.
- Adventure tip: A helicopter tour around Kauai is an exhilarating adventure you will never forget. You should also consider a trip to Makalawena (the softest sand in the world) followed by a cold plunge at Kiholo Queens Bath which is a lava tube fresh water cave.
- Lodging tip: venture to multiple islands and experience their uniqueness. We recommend staying at Holualoa Inn, an award winning Big Island bed and breakfast.
- Food tip: Kuleana Rum Shack in North Kona is something to write home about. Enjoy casual Hawaiian eats, handcrafted rum cocktails and craft beer. It is so good, this is a place the local want to keep hidden all for themselves.
Colorado is filled with beautiful and fun destinations but Routt National Forest made our cut as the best in Colorado. Routt National Forest is home to 100s of miles of four-wheeling trails and hiking paths. There are also private camping nooks that make you feel like you have really gotten away from it all.
- Adventure tip: rent a four-wheeler and enjoy a serene ride like you have never experienced before.
- Lodging tip: good ol’ fashioned tenting is recommended or you can rent a cabin at Hahn’s Peak.
- Food tip: everything tastes better when camping; don’t forget the bacon! Or you can hit up Hahn’s Peak Roadhouse for some bar food and possibly some live music.
**Photo by Katie Paniotov of White Stone Marketing
Lake Tahoe is a large freshwater lake on the boarder or California and Nevada. From beaches to ski resorts, Tahoe has something for everyone.
- Adventure tip: don’t forget to hike the many mountain trails in the summer, hit the slopes in the winter, and of course let your cares float away on the lake with a daytime cruise or boat rental to explore all that Lake Tahoe has to offer.
- Lodging tip: if you are looking for an incredible getaway, The Ritz-Carlton should be considered. You can hitch a ride on a boat from their own dock.
- Food tip: hit up Squeeze Inn for the best breakfast and lunch in the area.
Maine is known for its natural and breathtaking beauty. From beaches to forest and mountains, it has something for everyone.
- Adventure tip: hiking in Acadia National Park on the ocean path trail, which starts from Sand Beach and goes to Otter Point, offers a stunning hike. This is a popular and leisurely hike that ends in Bar Harbor which is perfect to grab a bite to eat or shop in town.
- Lodging tip: The Captain Nickels Inn, Pier One Vacation Rentals, Wolf Cove Inn, The Inn at Sunrise Point and the Lodge at Moosehead Lake are a few of our favorite inns in Maine. When going to Maine you must do it justice by planning a trip across the state.
- Food tip: The Travelin Lobster is a top rated restaurant in TripAdvisor. One should not leave Maine without trying the best lobster in the world.
Banff National Park. Need we say more? The Canadian Rockies will knock your socks off. The mountains are very beautiful. Glacier-fed lakes and rugged mountain peaks add to the year-round beauty.
- Adventure tip: go horseback riding at Lake Louise or take a drive and hunt wildlife with your camera. You should also take the gondola up Sulphur Mountain and enjoy the scenery of the valley.
- Lodging tip: soak your limbs in a deep soaking tub at the Creekside Villa Boutique Hotel after a day of fun.
- Food tip: if the food is as good as the view at Sky Bistro, you are in for a treat. They have rave reviews so you have an incredible meal with one-of-a-kind views.
South America Dream Destinations
**Photo by Jani Elmore of White Stone Marketing
The free spirit and love for life of the Costa Rican people are perhaps best summed up by the country’s most popular phrase “Pura Vida” which directly translates to Pure Life. A positive greeting and response by friends and strangers alike, you’ll find this philosophy deeply embedded throughout their way of life and in Costa Rica’s beautiful ecosystem.
- Adventure tip: enjoy every minute of Jungle ATV Quad Tours 5-hour ride through the breathtaking terrain, banana and coffee plantations, complete with wildlife spotting including sloths, waterfall dipping, fresh fruit, local coffee and more. Warning! It can get VERY bumpy and is not for the faint of heart!
- Lodging tip: from the remote jungle location and unique all-glass villas to the fusion cuisine, revitalizing massages and warmth of the staff, everything was nothing short of phenomenal at Oxygen Jungle Villas.
- Food tip: wherever you go and wherever you eat, make sure to get some of the fresh fruit from the island.
Historical and cultural landmarks can be jaw-dropping and Machu Picchu in Peru is one that does just that. The Incas built a citadel of stone that is still so tight you cannot slip a knife blade in the cracks. The architecture offers a glimpse at incredible engineering in the clouds. Experiencing a piece of the Incan Empire will be a vacation of a lifetime.
- Adventure tip: making the trip to Machu Picchu is the must-do adventure when you travel to Peru.
- Lodging tip: one of the most popular places to stay near Machu Picchu is the Machu Picchu Hotel SUMAQ. It is a five star property, offers Peruvian cuisine and was named one of South America’s best hotels by Conde Nast.
Oceania Dream Destinations
New Zealand is known for its beauty. The stunning scenery in Lord of the Rings played a part in the increase in tourism to the Island. The spectacular landscape has mountain ranges, volcanoes and incredible coastlines which makes for the perfect destination for adventure seekers.
- Adventure tip: taking a road trip around the island to view all New Zealand has to offer is a unique experience of a lifetime.
- Lodging tip: stay at Annadale in a beachfront villa. One view and you will wish you were there.
- Food tip: venture off to the Hilltop Tavern and enjoy spectacular views, local drinks, and wood-fired pizza.
The Blue Mountains of Australia are west of Sydney and are known for their dramatic scenery. From waterfalls, eucalyptus forest, gardens and steep cliffs, going to the Blue Mountains is worth the visit.
- Adventure tip: take a trip to the Three Sisters sandstone rock formation at Echo Point, which is pictured above. There are also golf courses, galleries, day spas and more.
- Lodging tip: stay at the Blue Mountains Wilderness Cabins and unwind in a cabin among 600 acres.
- Food tip: enjoy fine dining at Echoes Boutique Hotel & Restaurant.
European Dream Destinations
A trip to Iceland, a Nordic Island nation, offers a view of lava fields, geysers, hot springs and more. The land of fire and ice has a couple protected national parks, Vatnajökull and Snæfellsjökull, which are incredible. Go experience where the Vikings once reigned.
- Adventure tip: take a road trip around the island and be inspired by the beauty of the land.
- Lodging tip: stay at Frost and Fire Boutique Hotel which is surrounded by hot springs you can enjoy at your leisure, and you can enjoy the views of Mount Reykjafall in the distance.
- Food tip: Vara Restaurant is the place to eat. They utilize local and seasonal ingredients. Dining in their all-glass building makes for a memorable dining setting.
Italy is home to a wonderful and rich history. There is Rome, the nearby Vatican, the Colosseum, the Pantheon and the famous Trevi Fountain to name but a few. If that isn’t enough to visit this incredible city once ruled by the Roman Empire, we don’t know what is. An extended trip to Rome is needed to properly capture the essence of the city of love.
- Adventure tip: visit the Colosseum at night, drive a Vespa and say “ciao” to everyone you pass, or enroll in Gladiator school and learn to fight.
- Lodging tip: stay at the Tmark Hotel Vaticano and enjoy a central location with exceptional lodging. They are across the street from the Vatican Museum.
- Food tip: there will not be a shortage of amazing food in Rome. Try your hand at the adorable Cipasso Wine Bar & Bistro. With sommeliers at your disposal you are sure to have a wonderful experience.
Santorini is a beautiful world-famous island in the Aegean Sea. The architecture, views and jaw-dropping sunsets all contribute to a memorable trip.
- Adventure tip: visit Kamari Beach which has a stretch of black sand. There are numerous shops and restaurants to enjoy after an afternoon in the clear blue waters.
- Lodging tip: stay at Pezoules of Oia and unwind on a cliffside villa with infinity pools that seemingly disappear into the ocean.
- Food tip: Aroma Avlis Food & Wine is a chic restaurant. They have a winery and authentic Santorinian foods to pair with it.
African Dream Destinations
Cairo, Egypt is set on the Nile River and is home to antiquities, mummies, the Great Sphinx, pyramids, and incredible culture and art scene. It is a city that has something for everyone.
- Adventure tip: one should consider booking a private tour so you don’t miss any of the top sites. You will also receive the history you might miss if you attempt tours on your own.
- Lodging tip: located in an affluent neighborhood, this boutique hotel is luxurious and features a gourmet restaurant, rooftop bar and pool. A stay at the Five Star Gabriel Hotel will leave you feeling pampered.
- Food tip: when in Egypt you have to try Koshary which is authentic Egyptian food. It is filling and offers the perfect start to a day of sightseeing.
Cape Town, South Africa offers a plethora of animal diversity. You can lay on the beach next to penguins, snorkel with seals, view Great White sharks, be robbed by baboons, chill with flamingos and enjoy countless bird and reptile species. Plus, you can take a short drive and go on a safari.
- Adventure tip: take the cableway up Table Mountain and prepare yourself for spectacular views.
- Lodging tip: the Glen Boutique Hotel offers a luxurious stay in their rooms or apartments and is a short 6-minute walk to the beach. They also offer tour packages you are sure to enjoy.
- Food tip: if you want to treat yourself, venture to the Pot Luck Club. Enjoy a Spanish inspired meal while sharing tapas with a laid-back vibe.
Asian Dream Destinations
Kyoto, Japan’s beauty is one-of-a-kind. The peppering of Buddhist temples, shrines, wooden houses, gardens and imperial palaces make this the cultural capital of Japan.
- Adventure tip: visiting the Kinkaku-ji temple (photo provided above), is a must if you are in the area.
- Lodging tip: stay at Hoshinoya which is a riverside resort providing elegance surrounded by stunning scenery. There is a 400-year tradition at this boutique hotel and it offers endless natural beauty.
- Food tip: experience dining like never before at the Mouriya Gion restaurant which offers authentic Kobe beef dishes.
The Maldives in South Asia in the Arabian Sea and Indian Ocean has over 1,000 islands. We recommend venturing to Kaafu Atoll for a tropical escape of a lifetime.
- Adventure tip: it will be worth your time to book a day trip to an uninhabited island. Enjoy a wonderful adventure with a picnic lunch, scuba diving and more.
- Lodging tip: stay at the Adaaran Prestige Ocean Villas and enjoy overwater lodging you cannot find in very many places. The views, the amenities and the experience will leave you refreshed and rejuvenated for your life outside the Maldives.
- Food tip: Sea.Fire.Salt offers exquisite dishes on a wrap around deck over stunning crystal waters. Guests will enjoy specially crafted meals while watching baby reef sharks swim underneath.
It is incredible and fun to dream of your next getaway. We hope our fun list inspires you to start planning your next getaway. Stay tuned for our next list of the best places and experiences you can enjoy in the United States.